Having your own diary may be a good way to share data with others, connect with a like audience, and even create money! better of all, making a blog is simple for even an entire non-technical initiate – and fully no previous data or writing expertise is required. If you’ll be able to follow a straightforward set of directions, you’ll be able to be up and blogging with as very little as twenty minutes setup time.
1. Pick a Name for Your Blog
Assuming you already grasp what you would like to diary concerning, you would like to decide on an honest name. Your diary name ought to be distinctive similarly as unforgettable, and not simply confused with existing blogs. Brainstorm an inventory of original names that you simply like and talk to a website registrar like Namecheap or GoDaddy to envision if the domain is accessible. keep on with the additional common and recognizable domain extensions like .com, .net, or .org. Once you’ve selected a website name, write it down however don’t pass till you’ve selected a hosting company.
2. Choose a Hosting Company
A web host essentially provides the hardware that connects your diary with the web. whereas you may eliminate the expense (typically but $5 per month) of a hosting company by going with a free blogging platform such as blogger.com, these free platforms typically have some serious disadvantages like
- No personalized domain name
- No control over ads (or revenue sharing) that they choose to display on your blog
- Limited editorial and navigation features
- Removal of your blog at any time and without cause
Read online reviews and compare features as you shop for a hosting company. Specifically, you should be concerned with load speed, reliability (uptime), and 24/7 support. Finally, check to see if your final choice offers a free domain name with hosting – many do!
3. Select a Blog Platform
WordPress is a comprehensible prime alternative for your journal platform. It’s one amongst the foremost popular platforms out there, it supports many theme choices and plug-ins to customize your journal to your heart’s want, and better of all – it’s liberal to use apart from some premium themes and plug-ins. Several hosting corporations even provide simple one-click installation of WordPress sites. As if that’s not enough, Google fully loves WordPress as a result of the platform’s design permits quick and simple classification of websites for SEO functions.
4. Set Up Your Blog and Start Writing
Once your journal is put in, you’ll begin customizing it along with your alternative of theme style. You must opt for a subject matter that’s mobile responsive, quick loading, and optimized for SEO. Along with your theme in situ, you’re able to begin writing your initial post.
- Remember that content quality is much more important than quantity. The more useful or entertaining your content, the more likely you are to attract followers who in turn will share your content with others.
- Create a publishing schedule and stick to it.
- Use relevant visuals to break up the text and make your content more interesting to read.
5. Start Driving Traffic
There are a number of techniques, both free and paid, for driving traffic to your blog. Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
- Share your content across your social media networks.
- Ask your followers to share your content with their friends. Be sure to add social share buttons to your blog.
- Add a plug-in such as Yoast to help improve your blog’s search engine visibility.
Once your blog is up and running, you might consider monetizing it by adding Google AdSense ads, affiliate links to relevant products, or links to a squeeze page promoting your own products.